From the Estate of A.N. Johnston III (J. Robert Yeaman III, Executor): We have been contracted to market and sell this iconic Rappahannock River front home on "The Gold Coast" of Tappahannock, VA at public auction. The amazing property is absolutely ideal for a multi-generational family living situation, corporate retreat or weekend river get away.....make it yours!!
Property Tour: Wednesday, August 14 @ 4:00pm SHARP! Please contact Kelly Strauss for more information (540-226-1279).
Need to get a mortgage for this property?? Contact Kelly Strauss for financing information (540-226-1279)
- 11 BR/12 BA furnished brick home on 2.4 +/- acres (double lot) w/swimming pool, pool house, tennis court and 400' +/- dock--343' +/- of Rappahannock River frontage!!
- This home has 9,494 +/- sf. above ground and 3,984 sf. basement for a total of 13,478 +/- sf. of living space.
- Features: 3 kitchens, formal dining room, sunken great room w/custom bar & 20'+ ceilings overlooking the river, formal living room, den/study, office/library, 9 fireplaces, huge master suite and bathroom, 4 staircases from main floor to 2nd floor, 2 staircases from main floor to basement, 3 handicap chair lifts for steps, multiple washer/dryer hook ups, 2nd floor den w/wet bar
- 1,400 +/- sf. 3 car attached garage w/storage space and full bathroom
- Home features ornate chair rail, crown and base molding and wainscoting
- All of the bedrooms on the rear of the home have a walk-out balcony over looking the majestic Rappahannock River!
- Storage attic w/separate staircase
- Central vac system; security system; intercom system; water treatment system; out door shower
- The amazing pier/dock features boat lift, several slips, rod holders, glass enclosed sun room w/ceiling fans, storage room w/sink. Dock has electricity and water.
- Home has access to community concrete boat ramp
- Home is heated and cooled by heat pumps and has 9 gas log fireplaces; public water and private septic system
- A fabulous enclosed boat house completes the end of the 400' +/- dock to allow for four season enjoyment of sunsets and panoramic water views
- This home will be sold with all the furnishings; however, if the new owner does not desire to keep the furnishings, we will be happy to connect you with a liquidator willing to discuss purchasing the furnishings and removing them from the home.
- Tax Maps: 31D-1-A-12A & 12; Zoned: R-2; Total Essex County tax assessed value: $1,655,700.00
- Annual 2019 Tax: $14,570.16
- Only $250,000 Starting Bid!!
Although not required, if you have been working with a Realtor, please have them click here and complete the Realtor Representation form. In order for the real estate agent to be compensated, forms must be completed and submitted no later than 5 pm on 8/22/19, and all terms adhered to.
$25,000 deposit is due immediately after confirmation of final bid and the balance due at closing within 30-45 days (unless prior written arrangements have been made by contacting Kelly Strauss 540-226-1279
or firstname.lastname@example.org). Deposit must be in the form of a cashier's check/certified check (from a US bank) made payable to yourself.
A 10% buyer's premium will be added to the final bid, and will become a part of the purchase price. Property sold in as-is condition, and is not contingent upon buyer's financing, condition of property, appraisal, inspection, etc. Pre-approved (no later than 5 pm on 8/22/19) broker participation is compensated. Auctioneer's Note:
All information and dimensions were derived from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyers shall rely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the property. All auction day announcements take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made.
We are happy to offer online/simulcast bidding for bidders who cannot physically attend the live auction event. Please understand and agree that online bidding will only be allowed if the buyer is physically NOT on site at the live auction. Online bidding will NOT be allowed if you are physically in attendance at the live auction event.
ADDITIONAL TERMS for THOSE PLANNING TO BID LIVE ONLINE
In addition to the above terms and conditions, Please read below if you are participating and registered for LIVE ONLINE SIMULCAST BIDDING
Contact the auction coordinator (his or her name and contact number is on the NichollsAuction.com site under the auction you are bidding on) immediately if you need additional information.
Bidder Verification: The identity of all bidders will be and must be verified (via phone, email or text). Bidding rights are provisional, and if complete verification is not possible, Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. will reject the registration, and bidding activity will be terminated.
At the close of the auction, and seller confirmation, the successful bidder will be emailed or given the contract package to execute and return to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. The successful bidder’s earnest money deposit must be in the form of cashier’s or certified check (United States Bank) or wire transfer to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc. The entirety of the remaining balance is due at closing. Purchaser shall be responsible for all wire transfer fees.
Contract Packages will be sent by e-mail or hand delivered to the high bidder, who must execute and hand deliver, email, fax or overnight mail back to Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., within 24 hours of receipt. If the successful bidder does not execute and return their contract with earnest money deposit within 24 hours of receipt they will be considered in default and subject to legal action. This is a legal binding contract.
In the event a winning bidder fails to submit the signed ’Contract for Sale of Real Property’ and deposit earnest money as provided in the pre-stipulated Auction Terms, the winning bidder will be charged an administrative fee of $10,000.00 on the credit card provided at auction registration. Additional default remedies are reserved by Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., and the Seller as provided in the Auction Terms & Conditions and the ‘Contract of Purchase’. All administrative fees are non refundable.
Any reliance on the contents shall be solely at the recipient’s risk. Bidders must conduct and rely solely upon their own investigations and inspections. The property is being sold ’AS IS’ with any and all faults. Please review all information supplied, and seek appropriate assistance prior to bidding.
Technical Issues: Neither the company providing the software nor the auction company shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason. In the unfortunate event of a DDOS attack or server attack/shut down, the auction company reserves the right, but is not required, to extend bidding time. To minimize the chance of being affected by internet or software issues, please use the “Max Bid” feature. Please contact Tim Peters/Bid Wrangler @ 844-296-8727
if you need assistance with the online bidding platform.